Chocolate Brownie Trifle
1 cup chopped dark chocolate chunks
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
1 cup flour
1 ½ cup sugar
½ cup cocoa
½ tsp salt
100g chopped walnuts (optional)
380g can of ready to use caramel
1 x Flake bar
20g chopped walnuts (optional)
- For the Chocolate Brownie:
- Preheat oven to 180˚C bake. Line 34 x 23cm baking tray with baking paper or grease lightly with butter.
- Mix sugar and cocoa together in large mixing bowl. Pour over melted butter and mix all ingredients together.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add walnuts and chopped chocolate.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- Pour into tin and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until the brownie springs back slightly.
- For the Caramel layer mix:
- Whip cream or use thickened cream.
- Add canned caramel to the bowl and fold through until combined.
- To assemble trifle:
- Start with a layer of brownie to cover the entire bottom of your trifle bowl.
- Follow with a layer of caramel cream mix followed by plain whipped cream. Repeat.
- Finish with plain whipped cream on top and crush flake bar and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
Buy One Get One Free on Selected Products. Mix and Match across any Buy One Get One Free OfferSoffritto Cake Pan
Spend $30 Or More & Save 30% on Selected Products. Mix and Match Across any Spend $30 & Save 30% Offer.Capital Kitchen Spoon, White