Blueberry & Thyme Tart
- 1 square sheet of frozen sweet pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 400g frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 10g butter, chopped
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons raw sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the blueberries, caster sugar, lemon rind, cornflour and thyme leaves.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the sheet of sweet pastry in the centre of the tray. Sprinkle the ground almonds on top of the pastry, leaving a 3cm border around the edge.
4. Add the blueberry mix to the top of the almonds. Place the chopped pieces of butter on top of the blueberry mixture and fold the 3cm sides up to lay on the filling.
5. Brush the edges with an egg and sprinkle raw sugar on top. This will create a beautiful, golden edge.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Enjoy!