6 x size 7 eggs at room temperature
2 cups caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp white vinegar
¼ tsp salt
500ml whipped cream
1 punnet of strawberries
1. Pre heat oven to 150 degrees on bake.
2. Separate egg whites and yolks, putting egg whites in mixer bowl.
3. Beat egg whites and salt until they start to form soft peaks.
4. Gradually start to add caster sugar to egg whites.
5. Beat for 10 minutes on high until mixture becomes thick and glossy forming stiff peaks.
6. Whisk in vanilla, cornflour and vinegar.
7. Tip mixture out onto a lined baking tray and mould into desired shape.
8. Reduce the oven temperature to 140 degrees and place the pavlova into the oven for 1.5 hours.
9. Turn oven off and leave pavlova in the oven until cool, around 1 hour. Overnight is ideal if possible.
10.Whip cream and top with desired fruit toppings.