3 Strips of Bacon (approximately 100g)
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Tbsp Curry Powder
1 Medium Kumara
1 Medium Potato
1L Chicken Stock
Cream / Milk or Water as needed
Salt & Pepper to Season
Parsley to garnish
1. Peel and dice the pumpkin, kumara, and potatoes into cubes and set them aside.
2. Finely dice onion, pop your casserole pot on the stove and fry onions. Whilst onions are frying slice your bacon, and mince the two garlic cloves. Once onions are clear, add the sliced bacon and minced garlic and mix together.
3. Add curry powder to the onions, bacon, and garlic, and mix until combined and cooked through.
4. Add the cubed pumpkin, kumara, and potatoes, and stir to coat with the curry powder mixture. Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the chicken stock. The stock should just cover the cubed vegetables, top with extra stock or water if it does not cover. Simmer until the pumpkin is cooked through.
6. Once cooked through take the casserole off the heat and use a stick blender to puree the soup to a nice smooth consistency.
7. Add casserole back onto a low heat and add cream, milk or water to create your desired taste and thickness. Note cream will make the best consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.