Banana & Chocolate Loaf Recipe
1/3 cup / 76g butter, melted
½ cup maple syrup
2 ripe bananas
1 extra banana sliced lengthways for top decoration
1/3 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (optional)
¼ cup natural yoghurt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cups flour
¾ cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper, or lightly grease.
- In a mixing bowl or measuring jug, mash the two bananas and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then add the butter and maple syrup. Mix until combined.
- Add the mashed bananas, chopped walnuts (optional), yoghurt, baking soda, vanilla essence, salt, flour and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips, keeping some aside to decorate the top.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and add the extra banana sliced lengthways to the top, or alternatively in slices, and press in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes, before removing and cooling on a rack.