Summer Berry Trifle
Posted By Laura MacDonald | The Kiwi Country Girl
2 x trifle sponges (aprox 20cm x 20cm)
1kg vailla custard
1 cup Whipped Cream
3 cups summer berries
1/4 cup strawberry jam
Extra whipped cream and berries for topping
1. Cut the 2 trifle sponges into 2cm cubes (optional, soak the sponge in sherry)
2. Mix the vanilla custard with the cup of whipped cream and set aside
3. Mix the summer berries with the strawberry jam and set aside.
4. In a 20cm trifle bowl, add a layer of trifle sponge, followed by a layer of berries and a layer of custard cream. Repeat until mixtures are finished.
5. Top with an extra layer of whipped cream and berries.
6. Chill in the fridge overnight before serving to allow all the layers to come together and the flavours to mingle.