Security & Privacy
On 1 June 2020, our company Stevens Homewares Limited was amalgamated with The Farmers Trading Company Limited (‘Farmers’) – which essentially means Stevens is now part of Famers (“we”, “our”, or “us”). Farmers is part of the James Pascoe Group of companies which also includes companies that trade under the brands Whitcoulls, Pascoes, Goldmark, Stewart Dawsons, Prouds and Angus & Coote, (all referred to as Group).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your overall experience with us. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others however we may share your personal information within our Group for the purposes and uses set out in this policy. If you would rather not receive any marketing emails from us, you may opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send to you.
What information do we collect? How do we use it?
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you create a Stevens membership account with us.
- When you visit our website, and sign in to your membership to buy products.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you engage with us on social media, for instance by contacting us on Facebook or visiting our Instagram page.
- When you contact us for any reason, such as with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws, competitions or engage in other promotional activity with us.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys.
- When you review a product.
- When you fill in any forms in relation to our business. For example, if an accident happens in store we may require you to complete a health and safety form.
- When you visit our stores which may have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What sort of data do we collect?
- If you have a Stevens membership: your name, gender, birth month, billing/delivery address, email address, phone number, interests (baking, entertainment, specials, cooking tips) that you provide directly to us, and details about your orders and receipts. If you have an online account, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password, for your security. If you permit us to do so, we will also use your birth month so we can send you a birthday email with a special one off discount to be used during your birthday month!
- Details of your interactions with us through contact centres, in store and online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you make and your shopping preferences, voucher redemptions, and how and when you contact us.If you use your Farmers Club Card when you make purchases from Stevens we will keep details of this (for further details refer Farmers Club Card terms and conditions)
- When you review a product we collect your name and email address.
- Encrypted payment card information when you purchase from our website.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit a shop or car park associated with one of our stores.
- We monitor customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us develop the design and layout of our web site.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal information to promote, sell and deliver our products and services to you.
- We will use the postal address you provide to us to deliver the goods you purchase. (As noted below, you can opt out of receiving this marketing material at any stage.)
- We’ll use your email address so we can get in touch to let you know where your online order is. If you have given us email marketing permission (we’ll send you promotional marketing about our great deals, news and information about new products (As noted below, you can opt out of receiving this marketing material at any stage.)
- We will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
- We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services. Any information automatically retrieved, such as website browsing patterns, will be used only in aggregate form, (so that no individual visitors are identified). If you have signed in to your Stevens membership account online we can identify you on that visit to our website and on subsequent visits to our site, even where you do not sign in.
- When we offer competitions and promotions, or join with our Group and brands, including Farmers, Whitcoulls, Pascoes, Goldmark and Stewart Dawsons, or other companies to do so, customers who choose to participate in those competitions and promotions may be asked to provide personal information to be eligible to participate. That information may then be used by us and by any company offering the competition or promotion to notify winners or to fulfil promotional obligations. Only details you have provided as part of entering the competition will be provided to third party companies. We will not provide your Stevens membership or customer data to a third party except where the third party must contact the winners directly and this is expressly provided for in the competition terms and conditions.
- When we join with our Group and brands, including Farmers, Whitcoulls, Pascoes, Goldmark and Stewart Dawsons, or other companies to offer or provide products, services, competitions or promotions, we and the other company may cross-reference our customer databases to identify common customers. We and the other company may use that existing information to identify future promotional opportunities and to fulfil promotional or contractual obligations.
- If, prior to participating in a contest or promotion, you opted not to receive information about or mailings from us, you may still receive information from or about us in connection with the competition or promotion if you choose to register for or participate in it. You may opt not to participate in these competitions or promotions if you do not want to receive information about us or share your information with us and the other companies sponsoring those contests or promotions.
What are your rights over your data?
- If you no longer wish to receive Direct Marketing from us you can opt out of all email marketing communication by logging into your Stevens membership account online or by asking in store or calling our call centre. Please note that it may take a few days for opt outs to take effect.
- If you no longer wish to be a member of Stevens please call us so we can delete your Stevens’ membership. We may retain transactional data about your past purchases but this will no longer be linked back to any of your personal information.
Removing consent to use contact information
Accessing and updating your data
- If at any point you wish to understand what data we hold about you, you can ask us. You can also ask us to correct the data we hold about you. Your personal data can be accessed and updated by logging in to your membership on the Website, asking at a store to have your details updated, or calling our call centre.
How do we protect customer information?
As required by the Privacy Act 1993, we follow strict security procedures in the storage of personal information that we hold about you to prevent loss, as well as unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. For instance, we provide staff with individualised logins and make sure staff are only given a level of access to our database that reflects the requirements of their role.
Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Will we disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others however we may share personal information between Group members for the purpose and uses set out in this policy. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information. We will share customer data with research agencies in order to recruit relevant members to research studies or focus groups. When offering a promotion or competition with a third party vendor, information about the winner will only be shared with that vendor if this is expressly set out in the Terms and Conditions for the competition or promotion.
We comply fully with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. We will not share, sell, rent, swap or authorise any third party to use your email address without your permission. If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and emails, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services. We will give such companies and individuals access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but they may not use it for any other purposes and are required to process the data in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
What about links to other websites and services?
The Stevens website may contain links to other sites which are not administered or governed by us. These are provided solely for the convenience of our visitors. We are not responsible for the content of these websites. If you choose to click on the link to another website to use its services or resources, we are not liable in respect of your use of the linked website.
Tell us what you think
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please send emails to email@example.com.
To the Privacy Officer
21 Laidlaw Way