Potato & Spinach Curry Flatbreads
Posted By TVNZ 1
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
Potato Curry Filling
- 1 red kumara
- 3 small potatoes (agria or ilam, floury type)
- 1 large carrot
- 150g spinach
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2cm ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Drizzle of toasted sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients for the flatbread in your stand mixer using a dough hook. Once combined and dough is smooth, roll into a ball, cover with a tea towel, and leave for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop potatoes and kumara into small cubes and boil in water till soft.
- Fry garlic, ginger and onion for 5 minutes, and then add curry powder.
- Peel carrot and chop into small cubes. Add to frying pan.
- Add the potatoes and kumara to the frying pan but keep the water in the pot.
- Add the spinach, soya sauce, white pepper, and some of the water from the pot to make a sauce.
- Leave to simmer.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces (approximately 100g each). Roll into a circle and spoon mixture into half of the circle. Fold dough over and seal. Sprinkle the seeds over the top.
- Heat a clean pan on high heat, pour 2 Tbsp oil over pan and fry the flat breads. This takes approximately 5 minutes each side.
- To serve, garnish with sliced spring onions and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.