Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Dry Yeast
- 5 Cups High Grade Flour, plus extra for kneading
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Place water and sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Sprinkle yeast over the top and allow to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and salt together in a separate bowl, make a well and add the yeast mixture and oil. Combine and work to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface (use as minimal flour as possible for best results).
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size - approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, roll into a log shape and cut into 4 equal pieces. Roll into balls and leave to rise in a warm place for a further 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220°C, and heat the pizza stone from cold in the cold oven. Cut baking paper to fit your pizza stone.
- Place the raw pizza dough onto the floured baking paper on the bench and roll out to form your pizza base.
- Add your favourite pizza toppings, and then slide the baking paper onto your preheated pizza stone.
- Bake until base is golden and crispy for approximately 10 - 15 minutes.