- 1 ¼ cup sago
- 6 cups water
- 2 cans Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp (give or take) sweetener of your choice
- 500-750g of fresh or frozen Mango (to taste)
- 1 can Mango Pulp or Mango Nectar
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- In a pot, bring 5 cups of water to boil. Add sago and turn down to medium heat. Stir constantly so it does not stick. Keep stirring on heat till most of the sago turns clear (around 7-8 minutes).
- Drain water and rinse with cold water.
- In a glass bowl, place the sago and pour in one can of coconut milk. Add sugar (or the sweetener of your choice) to taste. Don’t add too much as you can add more sweetener later.
- Cover and put in the fridge. For best results leave overnight.
- Prior to serving, prepare the mangoes. You can use either fresh or frozen. If using fresh, cut it into cubes. Make sure you leave a handful to the side for garnish.
- In a food processor or blender, place around 500g. Add the mango pulp or nectar. Blend together until you get the desired consistency of a thick puree. You can add more of either of the two components until the consistency is right. You can also add a sweetener if the mangoes are not sweet enough.
- When ready to serve, remove sago from fridge. It should be quite thick. Stir through another can of coconut milk and add sweetener if required.
- Add the prepared mango mixture to the base of a trifle bowl followed by pouring the sago on top. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can layer these by alternating one at a time to your liking.
- Add your cut up mango chunks on top of the sago and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.