Berry Cobbler Recipe
3 Cups Fresh or defrosted mixed berries
1/3 cup of your favourite jam
3 Tbsp cornflour
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp white sugar
Pinch of salt
1 ¼ cups plus 1 Tbsp cream
- Grease your pie dish and set aside.
- Melt the jam in a large microwave safe mixing bowl or over a pot of boiling water.
- If using defrosted berries, drain the excess liquid from the berries.
- Add the berries and cornflour to the melted jam, and toss to combine.
- Transfer the berry mixture into the greased pie dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour, ¼ cup white sugar and a pinch of salt. Add the 1 ¼ Cups cream to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, dollop 2 tablespoon sized portions of cobbler dough on the top of the fruit, and continue until dough is finished and scattered around the edge of the dish.
- Brush the dough with the remaining 1 Tbsp of cream, and sprinkle the 1 Tbsp of white sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 190°C for approximately 50 minutes or until the dough is golden and the berries are bubbling.
- Serve with fresh berries, dust of icing sugar, cream or ice cream