Apple Crumble Recipe
3 Large Granny Smith Apples
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Mixed Spice
¼ cup Water
1 Cup Plain Flour
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Rolled Oats
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp Mixed Spice
- Preheat oven to 180°C bake.
- Peel, core and dice cut apples into wedges.
- Combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, mixed spice and water in a small bowl to coat the apples, once the apples are coated lay them in a baking dish
- Prepare the crumble, combine plain flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, ground cinnamon, mixed spice and melted butter in a bowl. Using a fork, mix all the ingredients until the mixture is like breadcrumbs, may need to use your fingertips to combine all the mixture.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until crumble is golden.
- Serve warm with ice-cream or whipped cream.
Note: you can use other apples if you want it less tart, or even pears.