Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe
Posted in Recipes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 English Muffin
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Strips of Bacon
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oven grill to 180°C
- Slice the tomato and avocado, set aside
- Place the bacon on an oven tray and grill until golden
- Put about 5cm of water in a frypan or shallow saucepan and heat to simmering
- Gently break in the eggs and simmer for 5 minutes until the whites are firm
- Toast the English Muffin
- Place the toasted muffin halves side by side on a plate and lay 2 strips of bacon on top
- Add the slices of tomato and avocado
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and place them on top of the muffin
- Season with salt & pepper, and hollandaise suace
You Might Also Like
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Cauli Crumbs
Food Stylist Fiona Hugues - this is another one of my Frenchman’s family recipes that I’ve adapted slightly to suit our antipodean living. I have added extra veggies on the top by the way of crispy cauliflower florets instead of the usual croutons.
Country Chicken Pie
Food Stylist Fiona Hugues - This is my version of a classic French Chicken Pie. Don’t skimp on puff pastry as a good quality flaky one makes all the difference. I use chicken thigh fillets as the leg meat, in my opinion, it has far more flavour and has less tendency to be dry. Make extra filling and freeze it for a fast family meal – just thaw overnight in the fridge.
Apple Tartin with Cinnamon Caramel Ice Cream
Food stylist Fiona Hugues - my Frenchman loves nothing more than a good Apple Tartin. We’ve been married for 20 years and I think I’ve finally managed to make it just like his mother used to. I serve it with cheats caramel cinnamon ice cream which is good to eat on its own too.
Hot Cross Bun Recipe
Make your own Easter favourite - Hot Cross Buns!
Superior spreads and happy hampers
The sun's out and it's time to pack a picnic and get outdoors. We've got all the tips to make your next al fresco meal a fun one!