Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe
Posted in Recipes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 English Muffin
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Strips of Bacon
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oven grill to 180°C
- Slice the tomato and avocado, set aside
- Place the bacon on an oven tray and grill until golden
- Put about 5cm of water in a frypan or shallow saucepan and heat to simmering
- Gently break in the eggs and simmer for 5 minutes until the whites are firm
- Toast the English Muffin
- Place the toasted muffin halves side by side on a plate and lay 2 strips of bacon on top
- Add the slices of tomato and avocado
- Remove the eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and place them on top of the muffin
- Season with salt & pepper, and hollandaise suace
You Might Also Like
Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe
Revive your mixology skills with our Gin Fizz Cocktail!
Wellness Bowl Recipe
Spring is the perfect time to focus on your wellness. Let us help by sharing our favourite wellness bowl recipe
Smokey Spanish Meatballs & Spaghetti
Food Stylist - Fiona Hugues - My kids love meatballs most days and now that they’re getting older, they have a hankering for expensive Spanish style ones from fancy restaurants that come out Tapa’s style, two to a plate. I’ve upped the flavour of my original safe kid style dish to suit their new richer international tastes. With a side of good old spaghetti pasta at the end of a big day, I love these rich smoky meatballs a lot too.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Cauli Crumbs
Food Stylist Fiona Hugues - this is another one of my Frenchman’s family recipes that I’ve adapted slightly to suit our antipodean living. I have added extra veggies on the top by the way of crispy cauliflower florets instead of the usual croutons.
Country Chicken Pie
Food Stylist Fiona Hugues - This is my version of a classic French Chicken Pie. Don’t skimp on puff pastry as a good quality flaky one makes all the difference. I use chicken thigh fillets as the leg meat, in my opinion, it has far more flavour and has less tendency to be dry. Make extra filling and freeze it for a fast family meal – just thaw overnight in the fridge.
Apple Tartin with Cinnamon Caramel Ice Cream
Food stylist Fiona Hugues - my Frenchman loves nothing more than a good Apple Tartin. We’ve been married for 20 years and I think I’ve finally managed to make it just like his mother used to. I serve it with cheats caramel cinnamon ice cream which is good to eat on its own too.